Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Important and exciting update for the 10/10/10...

Hi everyone. I would like to apoligize for the fact that neither myself nor ScofieldBurrows has put an example picture up for the Metaphorical March for Abolition on the 10/10/10. My excuse is that my mother has my camera and is out of town, but she's coming back Friday morning. ScofieldBurrows emailed me to inform me she's made a t-shirt on CafePress especially for the event and is waiting on its arrival to wear in her photo. We hope to both put our pictures up for the weekend.

We haven't recieved any photos from you yet but I'll put that down to myself and Scofield having yet to upload. But we really want to start seeing photos coming in as soon as possible. October 10th may seem far away but it's actually only 24 days from now so please get invovled, we want this to be BIG especially now that we're going to be making the project even BIGGER!!!

ScofieldBurrows got an email earlier telling her about an event which is coincidently also happening on the 10/10/10! It's called 'One Day on Earth'. This is what she forwarded me:

If you haven't heard of the One Day on Earth project, it's time you did. On October 10th (10.10.10), people in every nation of the world will be documenting a topic that matters most to them over a 1 day period to contribute to a unique film and archive. Participants that contribute 1 minute or more will receive the film for free and access to the non-commercial downloadable archive. If you're game for a cool, easy and history-making project to participate in, this is the one for you.


How cool is that? The website is http://www.onedayonearth.org/ if you want to know more but I think this is the PERFECT opportunity for us to 1. Promote awareness of death penalty abolition and 2. Promote our organization. The fact that it falls on World Day Against the Death Penalty is just the icing on the cake! So we thought we could make another version of the video we're making for YouTube about our Metaphorical March for Abolition, possibly even with an introduction from myself and/or ScofieldBurrows? I think this is a fantastic opportunity. What do you think?

If you like this idea, show it! Send your photos or short video clips of you protesting the death penalty (by holding up a poster, banner, etc - can cover your face if you want) to deathwatchstardoll@hotmail.co.uk. Or you can put them somewhere on the internet and send me the link if you want. I don't care how you get involved, just please do! We're aiming high here... We'd like 50 people to have participated by October 9 when we make the video up... Get your friends involved, your family, your robot... GET INVOLVED!

You are Death Watch; Stardoll and this is your chance to showcase how great you are!

1 comment:

  1. that would be so awesome - i have heard about the One Day on Earth thing and it would be so cool to all be involved. i have my photo ready - i just need to email it!!!

    ReplyDelete